CENTER FOR WELDING, JOINING, AND COATINGS RESEARCH
The purpose of the Center for Welding, Joining and Coatings Research (CWJCR) is to endorse the science and engineering of welding, joining and coatings, and the advanced education of specialists in these fields. CWJCR promotes and conducts federally and industrially sponsored welding, joining and coatings research.
Our center provides graduate level education, basic and applied research and organizes conferences, workshops, seminars for technology transfer. In addition, all the research is supervised by industrial partners and worldwide recognized scientific institutions.
The Center for Welding, Joining and Coatings Research (CWJCR) is located in Nathaniel P. Hill Hall on the Colorado School of Mines campus in Golden, Colorado. Golden is located approximately 15 miles west of Denver in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, in close proximity to research centers, welding related companies and the major mountain recreation areas.
Awards and honors
- Professor Stephen Liu Named ABS Endowed Chair in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Laser / Wire Additive Manufacturing capability developed by CWJCR
- CWJCR awarded $3 Million Nuclear Energy University Program Research Grant
- AWS Colorado Section Meeting with special guest speaker Dave Landon Tuesday, Dec. 8th, 6:00 PM at Brooklin's in Denver
- TMS Meeting and Exhibition, February 14-18, 2016, Nashville, TN