Open Weld Lab
People are talking about OWL…
I just wanted to say I had a great time during the open lab today and really appreciated the time, attention, and resources that went into such an incredible opportunity. Also I wanted to show you what I ended up doing with the finished product. Thank you so much and it was a really amazing experience.
Alex Hansen beveling a pipe with an oxyacetylene torch for Open Weld Lab.
9/17 – Stick (SMAW) Pipe Welding
9/24 – Stick (SMAW) Pipe Welding
10/1 – MIG/TIG (GMAW/GTAW) Sheet welding a water tight box
10/8 – MIG/TIG (GMAW/GTAW) Sheet welding a water tight box
10/15 – Heat Control via Stick Electrode Bonsai Trees
10/22 – Heat Control via Stick Electrode Bonsai Trees
For more information, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants must adhere to the requirements below:
· Cloth face masks required (cotton or N95; no spandex or other synthetic materials). If the face mask has ties, the ties must be short and not dangle below chin level.
· Come with safety glasses with side shields
· Wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt (no synthetic materials)
· Wear closed toed shoes (not synthetic materials); Steel-toed shoes are strongly recommended.
· Remove all rings, watches, necklaces, bracelets and dangling earrings before operating any equipment.
· Long hair must be tied back and secured.
· We provide the rest of the PPE required.
You will be given a safety walkthrough of the shop. Once completed, you will be able to explore all the shop and instructors at CWJCR have to offer!